Thursday, April 2, 2015

April 2, 2015




I went to town this morning to run a few errands and pay my storage rent, as I was going into the office I noticed a purple heart on the license plate of the truck parked in front of the office. 

I went inside and Pat introduced to Jim, I thanked him for his service and the found out that he was a WWII veteran who served in Germany. He got his first purple heart after being shot in the face. He was an Army Sharp Shooter; the Army didn’t have Snipers at the time. He carried a WWI 30-06 Springfield bolt action rifle with a competition scope on it. He preferred the M1 Garand but the Army gave him the Springfield…  

91 years old and as sharp as a tack. It was an honor to meet Jim and share some of his stories, which I could have spent more time with him but I just have too much to do… my loss!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, there are so many people that are out of the spotlight that have done incredible things,

    ReplyDelete