Thursday, February 12, 2015

Chicken Chronicles - Day 2.5



I wanted to fix the door problem and give them more room so I used the other dog run panels to made a 6x20 paddock on the side of the coop. Now I can leave the door of the coop open when I put the flock to bed and clean out the waterer etc. I think it turned out pretty well. The 20 degree weather wasn't the best but when standing in the sun it wasn't that bad. 
It took them a while to come out of the coop but once they did their coming and going a lot. 






The heated waterer is working too, no more ice! I have ordered some chicken nipple waterer I don't like how messy the waterer their have now is getting I cleaned it out and they start scratching and it gets more dirt and pine needles in it, it will be a losing battle for sure… One problem at a time!




The left over pieces on vinyl on the panels can be removed when it's warmer, no complaining please!

Went out and cleaned the waterer once again, decided to check the nest boxes too, found three more eggs, first full day SIX EGGS...





No comments:

Post a Comment