Friday, August 21, 2015

8-21-2015 - The Quad Project Part 1

Such a beautiful day decided to try to get some thing done outside, Dustin brought a battery from his R6 over and we dug the quad out of the shed and started to work on getting it running. We siphoned the old gas out of the gas tank and before putting new gas in I took a look in the tank with a flashlight.





I'm sure glad I did, it looked like a trash dump in the bottom of the tank. We took the tank off and found that it was worst than it looked, the California "gasoline" had cause the fuel level sensor to corrode the steel rod for the float was caked with rust and the wiper looked like it was attacked by acid like you would see on corroded battery posts. All of the screens inside the tank were wasted and falling apart, we cleaned it out as well as we could and I flushed it out with the garden hose, so now it is air drying. Plan to used an external fuel filter and not worry about the fuel level right now.

We rigged up a hose to a fuel can and after turning the motor over by hand, I pulled the choke knob and turned the key, the motor started right up and ran smooth accelerated well, sound really good. I think it paid off shutting the fuel valve and running the motor out of gas the last time I ran it…Years ago.





Just another day in my life here in the Ozarks...



No comments:

Post a Comment