Sunday, August 23, 2015

8-23-2015 - Abby Story

I have been taking the dogs out though the front door for months, several weeks ago I noticed Abby sitting, waiting for me to open the door and watching me as I pushed the latch opening the door. I thought then that she was thinking about what I was doing and in the time since I have seen her stand on her back paws and push on the latch handle with her front paw. I also noticed her watching me pull weeds from the garden beds and give them to the chickens, a few days later I saw her jump up on the storm door with a long piece of watermelon vine in her mouth, I swear she looked so proud of herself I couldn't scold her, I got up to let her in and saw several more pieces of plants laying in front of the door.  

The trash pickup accrues on Mondays around 4:00 AM so I put the trash out on Sundays. This morning I gathered the trash and took the can out to the road from the back porch, I left both dogs in the house. Not remembering if the front door was locked or not I went back though the back door into the house. Herc came up to me and wondering where Abby was I looked around and saw her jumping up on the front storm door from the outside, OMG. Trouble is here……..





No comments:

Post a Comment