Saturday, March 19, 2016

1986 M1009 CUCV Blazer



Yesterday We Picked up a sweet 1986 M1009 CUCV Blazer with a nearly rust free body, just a tiny bit of surface rust... Less than 72,000 original miles, just a simple 4x4 which is what I was looking for.

                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4zclO5vcy8















Charles Stone Pretty cool. going to fix it up, or use it as it is?

Anita Brouse Cool beans.

Allen Ketner Hey Charles, I'm at a place in my life now that I don't make too many plans, and there are so many ways I could go with it... I really bought it to use on the 37 acres and the few times I get snowed in. The one thing I am planning to do is to add a Good Winch with Synthetic Rope. I saw a setup that I liked online that had a mount that slid over the airlift bars on the front and held on by two pins or bolts, the mount could be removed and moved to the rear and attached the same way. or removed completely... I also want to mount a Hi-Lift jack somewhere and add some LED off road lights.


                           

Charles Stone It's really cool as it is. Do you watch dirt every day on YouTube? I haven't had time to watch it but I've been told it is roadkill except off road.

Allen Ketner Watch them all, he has a 4 parter on a cucv pickup, of course he spends alot of corp. money... but I still enjoy the show.

Charles Stone Sounds like something I need to check out. I'm less enthused about the shows that spent a ton of money. I wish they would make a car show with builds that a working man could afford. My stuff is a combination of swap meet, pick and pull and only new when I have too. I believe that a majority of enthusiast are poor and have to build there stuff that way.

Allen Ketner I totally agree...

Allen Ketner Something else I would like to do some time down the road is to put 1 ton axles on it, no real reason just thing it would be cool...


 Charles Stone The hunt for 1 ton axles starts now my friend.

  Tim Ketner Looks pretty solid, good find

  Allen Ketner This thing is solid and everything is tight, every other blazer I've seen back here has the "normal" Chevy rust in the doors, tailgate and rockers, I'm very happy that I found this one.



Ry Scott I like

Ry Scott Love the winch






No comments:

Post a Comment