Monday, September 22, 2014

We bought Nelson’s 40


We bought Nelson’s 40 and started planning the homestead, the ideas flow and the vision became clear in my mind.

The trip home was long and slower and the wrong direction but necessary. I was not in a position that I could walk away from my job and bills. The years have passed but the dream never has and now I am living my dream.

2014

This morning I went to town to pick up a few things, I noticed that I was driving under the speed limit and even caring, it was another beautiful day the sun was shining bright the fields were mowed in preparation for winter, the cows were grazing there were birds in the air and I couldn’t think of anyplace I would rather be. 
At the local home center there are wood and pellet stove on display to remind me that the temperature will be dropping, and I’m actually looking forward to it.

On my way home again I noticed that I was driving way under the speed limit, I started laughing out loud and thought about the first time I was on this road with Nelson and Nancy going way under the speed limit and how upset I was…….. How things change.
About half way home I saw a beautiful female boxer standing in the middle of the road holding a large blue plastic bottle in her mouth. This is the second time I have seen her stand in the road, the last time I stopped to get her out of the road but I think she was standing in front of her house. 

I picked up 4 bales of straw from one of the local grocery two of which went into the dog run to act as mulch. The others will cover the crawl space vents.

Ordered a worm bin kit with some red wiggler worms from Uncle Jim’s Worm Farm today to start a vermiculture composting system.


  
Still in the planning stage for the greenhouse and the chicken coop, the greenhouse will have to go in the front yard, not where I want it but the only place that will get enough light. The chicken coop I’m thinking of using the rest of the dog run panels I have but with have to cover it with a smaller mesh wire. Two more projects on the list.


Worked in the garage doing more organizing, now I can walk from one end to the other without moving stuff, big improvement. Ordered two more shelving units which should be enough but I really need another shed or a lot less stuff……….hum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment