Thursday, December 25, 2014

12/25/2014 - Happy Birthday Jesus!


I woke this morning to find my best friend pressed into my back as he is most mornings and the early morning light filtering in through the window shades, I smiled and thought how lucky I am to be alive and have great family and friends, I miss them all and wish we were closer but I know without any doubt that this is home…I'm at Peace! Thankful! and Happy! 
I hope that all of you that read this can find (if you don't already have) Peace and Happiness, and always be Thankful…

With all that being said I am a little disappointed, just a little, I was hoping for a white Christmas, with a forecast of 49 degrees, sunny, 0% change of rain I don't think it's going to happen… maybe next year… 





Herc went crazy for the chicken jerky he got from Honda and Louie, he got so excited I was afraid that he was going to start peeing, but he didn't and enjoyed the piece on jerky very much, of course he wants more but will have wait.

That reminds me of a store I want to share, the last time I was in town I got some of the cheap hotdogs for him as treat, he likes them a lot and since the weather has gotten cold he wants to eat more, I figure that he needs more fat in the cold but I don't know just a guess. So the other night I gave him three in his food bowl and went to fixing me some supper, after my food was ready and I got ready to eat I noticed that he was laying near his bowl drooling, I had forgotten to tell him it was OK… I felt bad but was very proud of him… OK, hotdogs gone… lol.

This Christmas season I have been reflecting on my life and I remember an old friend from back in the days that I raced RC cars and knew he had move to so I looked him up on the computer, sent him a Christmas card. He contacted me though Facebook, gave me his phone number and I called him the other night, it was good to catch up it has only been 20 years or so… I didn't value friends back then as much as I do now, another lesson I've learned is how good it is to have real friends…

Still not getting much done here on the homestead but that's OK too. Spring will be coming before I now it…

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year… 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment