Sunday, December 7, 2014

December 7 2014 - National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day


A society grows great when old men plant trees who's shade they shall never sit. - Greek Proverb

Has been cold and rainy and I just haven't been doing much…

I heard on a youtube video that all store bought apples have poison on them and that is why animals won't eat them; hum well I had an apple left from a bag of them that I ate so I figured I would do a little test. Come here Herc! I offered him a small piece he smelled it and didn't want anything to do with it, OK that doesn't mean a lot. I have a squirrel that hangs out around the house so he will eat it he's always running around looking for food so put it out for him/her and see what happens…well it has been a couple of days and from what I could see from the window the apple halves looked untouched.
So I went out and looked at them, both look as if they had been chewed in the center of the cut side but very little…hum with the woods so close and a lot of bird traffic it makes me go hum… makes me wonder…

My outside projects have been put on hold until the weather gets a little warmer.

On a more positive topic I have been searching youtube and podcasts on information on food forests and permaculture and gardening in general. My plans are to try to grow much of my own food and now is the time to make those plans and start working on that plan. Searching sources for fruit, nut trees, grapes, berries, seeds, and planning on building a green house. Planning on getting a wood chipper too to help building the fertility of the soil, along with that may get some rabbits for that purpose and maybe a meat source along with the chickens.  


No comments:

Post a Comment