Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8 2014


The sun started shining and it warmed up this afternoon (53 degrees) so I went out and worked on the chicken coop, didn't get a whole lot done but I got some done. I need some more hardware but going to have to wait until my next payday…

The last time I went to Walmart I picked up some small potatoes for the crock pot, the ones I picked were Anya fingerling potatoes they sounded interesting and I couldn't remember ever trying them so I got them.


"The Anya is a fingerling potato. It has a firm texture and knobby appearance with a slight nutty flavor. It can be enjoyed boiled, roasted or steamed, either hot or cold in salads but also tastes delicious roasted. It mixes well into vegetarian dishes and with green leafy veg." - https://www.lovepotatoes.co.uk/potato-varieties/anya

After sitting on the shelf for a week or so I decided to use them, I found that a few of them were starting to sprout, wow so live food! I kept a few to plant in the spring and cooked the rest in the crock pot. I like the taste so I try to grow some, if it works that's good and if they don't I try some other variety, But I want to grow potatoes for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment