Saturday, November 29, 2014

November 29 2014 - Electronic Greetings Day


“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” - Jim Rohn

Clear Day, 70 degrees, forecasted low of 54 degrees, 8 mph wind out of the South, 91% humidity, 10% of rain.


This is the warmest day we’ve had in a couple of weeks, it has been cold and windy, we got a little snow which didn’t stay around for long within a few hours it was gone. My projects were put on hold and I have been spending most of my time on the computer and watching TV. Retirement is so ruff.




It was so nice today I took advantage of the warm weather and worked on the chicken coop, I was able to finish installing the wire but it took everything I had, my back is hurting again but I got all the wire installed… The new pneumatic stapler made it possible, without it I might have gotten one or two pieces done. Still have a few more thing to do but it’s almost done, I learned a lot about what to do differently if  I ever build another one. That’s what life is all about isn’t it?




Yesterday it was in the 50s and Herc and I went out and played Frisbee, he really enjoyed it, I think he was getting cabin fever…
Last night Herc wanted under the covers so I let him get under them which I didn’t mind he helps keep me warm too so we work together… Well that sounded like a good idea, until about 3:40 this morning and I get awoke and after a moment I realize that he had his butt pressed into my back and he was having some kind of a dream where he is running, so my back is getting hit with his back paws quickly and repeatedly. Well I moved him over and tried to go back to sleep, but here I sit wide awake tell you my store and Herc is under the covers snoring.

We had a pretty bad thunderstorm the other day it didn’t last long but the thunder was real loud and Herc got scared again and since then he has not wanted me out of his sight. Another thing that has happen is he is uneasy about the kitchen which I don’t understand but he won’t eat in there unless it is bright and I’m in there with him, if I’m in there and it’s dark he won’t eat, if it’s bright and I step away he stops eating, well I figured that when he got hungry that he would eat so I didn’t worry about it but after several days of seeing the same food in his bowl I needed to step in and get him to eat so I stood there and he ate all of his food and wanted more…

There’s been a squirrel hanging around the house, running from tree to tree in the front yard, and I’ve seen it on the back porch rail too. Herc gets so excited when he sees it and what to go after it. Must think of it is a chew toy…lol

My week here in the Ozarks...




No comments:

Post a Comment