Friday, November 21, 2014

November 21, 2014 - National Stuffing Day


“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” - Helen Keller

Cloudy Day, 43 degrees, forecasted low of 40 degrees, 8 mph wind out of the Southeast, 91% humidity, 20% of rain.



I got two dormant cold hardy fig trees from eBay but I’m out of potting mix so I made another trip to town, picked up some at the home center. While I was there I looked at and decided to get a pneumatic stapler and staples to finish the coop project, nailing the wire on by hand was really hurting my back. The shortest staples they had are 1” long which I got but I wanted some shorter ones so I ordered some 1/2" and 5/8” long ones online.

When I got home I planted the fig trees in two of the bucket garden pots that were empty and got cold while doing it so came in and got warmed up ate lunch, watched a movie and relaxed…

Made a disturbing discovery today as I was putting some groceries away, I found a bread bag that was on top of the refrigerator it had two heals in the bag that had gotten pushed behind a box of sweetener. The disturbing part wasn’t that it was hidden, but that it had been there for at least two months, this was a name brand wholegrain bread and I noticed that there was no mold the heals were soft and even smelled fresh. WHAT! Are you kidding! What kind of “food” are we being sold?
Bread didn’t use to last for months. This has made me rethink what I eat and buy that’s called food…

Got a little rain this afternoon but to get excited about...

A day in my life here in the Ozarks…


No comments:

Post a Comment