Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014 - National Forget-Me-Not Day

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Sunny Windy Day, 69 degrees, forecasted low of 45 degrees, 18 mph wind out of the South, 31% humidity, 20% of rain tonight.



I woke up this morning in my bed next to a warm body, not in a cell, not in a casket, not in a hospital, so I am thankful for another unpromised day… This is a good day for a good day.

I really wanted to take the day off and relax but I looked at the forecast and today was the only day in the next ten days that will be warm enough to paint, so I went to work on the chicken coop. Moved the coop over to the yard so I could paint it without getting paint on the carport, that was a job by itself. Made the other door and installed it. It turned out to be a beautiful day although it was really windy. Then I painted the coop with the paint that I picked out at the home improvement center, it looked darker in the store, I think it’s too bright and of course I ran out of paint… The paint dried quickly with the help of the wind so I put the shingles on the roof and of course I ran out of them too. Adjusted the layout of the shingles and it’ll do for now. It’s time for the wire and perches but that will have to wait, I’m done for today…also want to make some retractable wheels to make it easier to move, it has gotten pretty heavy.





The neighbor saw me working outside so Mr. Younger stopped by and introduced himself, I finally met my next door neighbor, he seems like a really nice person. He even offer to let me park my trailer on his property, which I thought was nice of him.


My day here in the Ozarks…


1 comment: