Saturday, November 1, 2014

November 1, 2014 - National Cook For Your Pets Day



Sunny day 52 degrees, forecasted low of 32 degrees, 24% humidity, 4 mph wind out of the Southeast, 0% chance of rain.


Woke up this morning around seven am and it was 26 degrees, burrrr… took Herc out, he didn’t take long, turned on the fireplace, and fixed some hot oatmeal and hot tea for breakfast, warm and yummy.

Went outside a couple of times but it was too cold for me to work so I’ll wait a day or two, weather forecast says it will warm up a little tomorrow and Monday. Got the new Farming Simulator 2015 Thursday so I figured a nice cool day like this would be a time to get the farm started.


What's with the fascination with owls? Several years ago when I lived on Tulip Street I was standing out front one night talking to a friend, a barn owl swooped down a couple of feet above my head I felt the air move but never heard a sound. I remember thinking that it was so cool…later I found out that they had a nest in the large palm tree on the neighbors lot behind ours. While working at GEC Marconi we had an area in the back parking lot where several borrowing owls would nest, I would spend some lunch breaks sitting in my car watching them, again it was cool…then when I was working for GE on third shift we had to walk around the parking lot to keep an eye on stuff, around three AM one morning I heard a great horned owl call from a tree in the corner of the parking lot overlooking a field in the back lot, I walked right up to him and stood there and watched him for several minutes, we met there several times and I really enjoyed the time I spent watching him. Tried to take some pictures but they didn’t turn out very well. I have been hooked ever since, I feel a connection with birds of prey, mostly owls.


Have been looking at different chicken coops; found this one, I LIKE IT! Plum Crazy...


Well anyway that’s my day here in the Ozarks…



1 comment: