Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014 - National American Beer Day


“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

Partly Cloudy day 76 degrees, forecasted low of 58 degrees, 55% humidity, Windy, 16 mph wind out of the South, 0% chance of rain.


Woke this morning tired and just can’t wake up; afternoon still sleepy, oh well.

I heard someone on YouTube ask when is the best time to fertilize the garden. The answer came quickly, the fall that’s when God fertilizes. He went on to explain that the leaves falling from the trees and laying on the forest floor decomposing feeds the soil which in turn feeds the trees. Well here I am with a front row seat to this very thing on this windy day. I can see deeper into the woods with fewer leaves on the trees and am noticing new things every time I take the time to look.





Started to work on the hydraulic press blocks and found out that I really miss the big machine we had at my last job. The milling machine I have is a hobby machine and lacks the power for what I was trying to do, the drill press I have doesn’t have much more, lesson learned, next time go heavier duty than I think I’ll need… Worked on these blocks until my back said that’s enough, so I’ll work on them later.






Not much else today back is hurting too much, tomorrow’s another day.

My day here in the Ozarks.


No comments:

Post a Comment