Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3 2014 - National Techies Day


Cool Windy Day, 55 degrees, 62% humidity, cloudy, 0% chance of rain…..



Received news this afternoon that I’m a Grandfather of a new grandson, Jaydan Micah Lee 7lbs, 10oz, 20-3/4” and healthy.



 Received the worm farm kit this morning and have 500 new little friends……




Let the composting begin! It’s just a small kit but I just wanted to get started and I’ll increase it in size as time goes by.

Nothing much going on, have a great day.............

3 comments:

  1. Your new grandson is a precious angel... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really neat, I never thought of ordering a kit, where did you order yours from. I have been thinking of starting my compost but since this is my first real winter I don't know much about it and question if the compost would be productive through winter. What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The compost pile doesn't do much in cold weather, I'm using the worms but they die off if they get too cold I'll keep mine inside over the winter and move them outside in the spring. Plan is to compost everything with worms, except leafs which i'll compost in a pile outside. Ordered my kit from Uncle Jim's Worm Farm, but you can make your own pretty easily, lots of info on the internet. Hope this helps...

    ReplyDelete